Mid-Week Thread–cRank it up
October 17th, 2017 by Kindle

The AP voters move Michigan State up to #18, one spot ahead of Michigan in this week’s Top 25 poll….Is that going to be enough to make people in AA lose their minds? But Harbaugh..but Harbaugh, but Harbaugh…..

ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY—2 YEARS AGO—OCTOBER 17, 2015

Jalen Watts-Jackson grabbed a flubbed punt and lumbered 38 yards into the end zone for a touchdown on the final play of the game, giving Michigan State a shocking 27-23 win over Michigan.  Happy Day, everyone!
This never gets old: Here are 9 simultaneous shots of the play some may have never seen  before:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MIDNIGHT MADNESS &  SECURITY GOING FORWARD:

Whether anyone from TUS is actually attending Michigan State Madness on Friday night, KNOW THE FOLLOWING~~~ All Spartan fans need to be aware that Michigan State is stepping up security efforts.  MSU announces increased security at sporting events: No-bag policy for all indoor events and more visible police presence at football games.  The no-bag policy is now in effect for ALL campus events at ALL indoor athletic facilities.  The “no-bag” policy means all bags are prohibited at all events at indoor athletic facilities — Breslin & Munn — as well as Spartan Stadium.  This policy is also for concerts/special events at those venues. A full list of prohibited items can be found here:

OTHER STUFF

6h6 hours ago

MSU stats update: Kenny Willekes (a GoSt8Go fave) credited with additional sack vs. Minnesota. He now has four sacks and eight TFLs this season.

Michigan State players have nicknamed Matt Coghlin “McLovin.” Mark Dantonio just called him “McMuffin.”Interesting stats from Week 7

Wisconsin is 6-0, with zero wins over teams with a winning record, and two currently-winning teams remain on their schedule.

INTERESTING STATS FROM WEEK 7

*Ohio State scored 97 consecutive points against Nebraska over two games in the last two years.

*USF tied an AP poll-era record by scoring at least 30 points in its 23rd consecutive game.

*Stanford’s Bryce Love has a rush of at least 50 yards in nine straight games.

*Arizona’s Khalil Tate is the first FBS quarterback to run for 200 yards in consecutive games since 1997, per the Pac-12 Network.

*Arizona QB’s have rushed for exactly 1,000 yards this season. Tate 663, Dawkins 338, Rodriguez -1

*The are the first team in NFL history to lose 5 straight games, each by 3 or fewer points.

*Nebraska threw no pick-sixes on Saturday.

And finally: FILM ROOM/MINNESOTA

October 17th, 20176:42 pmat

Thanks Kindle for creating the Post and providing us with nice tidbit to contemplate.

October 17th, 20177:09 pmat

Thanksekes

• drmuffin writes:
    October 17th, 20177:40 pmat

Dude
    This post really ties the blog together
    BTW, I still have that game on my DVR and watched it 2 weeks ago

• drmuffin writes:
      October 17th, 20178:08 pmat

the last minute that is

• drmuffin writes:
    October 17th, 20177:41 pmat

My favorite part of the movie was when they spread the ashes

October 18th, 20178:05 amat

I get it! When we spread my mother’s ashes of the end of the Channel into the Big Lake – the basket that we carried them out there in slipped out of my sister’s hands and went with, the only comment was, ‘well, she hated that basket, anyway”! We all cracked up.

October 18th, 20176:58 pmat

The Dude abides.

• NorthForkRancher writes:
        October 18th, 201710:05 pmat

Sometimes there’a a man~~~~~~~~

• drmuffin writes:
    October 17th, 20177:43 pmat

My prediction
    MSU 3, IU 0 in 2 overtimes

October 17th, 20178:15 pmat

You are correct about the win never getting old – it just doesn’t. Now, let’s hope we’re not in a SF Giants winning it in the odd years kinda thing

Sounds like our walk-on DE is proving to be a ‘playa’

McLoving the McMuffin

October 18th, 20176:08 amat

Cool video compilation… howdeydodat?

October 18th, 20178:06 amat

An UnSAT POV on the Spartans remaining schedule been the 10th easiest

10. No. 19 Michigan State (5-1)

Toughest games left: vs. Penn State, at Ohio State

There are no easy schedules left in the Big Ten East, which brings one unbeaten team and three one-loss teams into Saturday’s action. But unlike the other three contenders, Michigan State has just two games remaining against ranked foes — having already played and defeated Michigan. The Wolverines, Nittany Lions and Buckeyes have three games yet to play against teams in this week’s Amway Coaches Poll

October 19th, 201712:52 pmat

The Big Ten announced plans Thursday to play a 20-game conference schedule for men’s basketball, starting next season. The new format will make sure that the Michigan-Michigan State, Illinois-Northwestern and Indiana-Purdue rivalry games will be played twice each season.

October 19th, 20172:57 pmat
    • LeeBee writes:
      October 19th, 20174:15 pmat

Inside info says he is at practice today

October 19th, 20176:09 pmat

Reading the beat typer’s report of this arrest, one would think LJ is that hardened criminal who JJ implies; instead of a college kid with other priorities than getting his license renewed (I never renewed my driver’s license between 1967 and 1994 and only then when GDLS said did you know this is expired when I was getting a clearance update, active duty do not have to get a new license, ever)

October 19th, 20176:31 pmat

I guarantee that if you were arrested or charged SIX times by the law with these infractions you would have rectified the problem. there is something seriously amiss here concerning him, his family, and his MSU coaching family.

October 19th, 20177:04 pmat

Tom,

I am 100% with JJ on this. You did not renew by rule (active duty). Okay, you get a pass. LJ does not have or deserve that option. These kind of violations are a symptom of a bigger issue. LJ clearly does not seem to respect the law.

I lost my childhood friend (at 16) because someone driving with a suspended diver’s license killed him with a motor vehicle. My neighbor lost her life (leaving three kids under 10 to grow up without their mom) walking in our neighborhood when hit by someone driving with a suspended driver’s license. Ask Mike and Ellen Andary about the implication on their life of someone driving with a suspended driver’s license. In all cases, the killers had multiple suspensions, and people who could truly have mitigated the issue – looked the other way. Friends of mine lost their lives, or were materially altered because of it.

October 20th, 20178:45 amat

these tragic stories are endless. just this summer here in Easton an 18 year old girl with 3 priors ran into an 81 year old family friend. she fled that scene and ran head on and killed a 63 year old nurse with 2 kids. top this off with the fact that none of these criminals have insurance. I have no idea why these people aren’t locked up immediately and the cars aren’t impounded.

October 19th, 20178:17 pmat

I agree that the somebody could have altered his lack of a license, I also agree it should have been somebody within the MSU family because obviously his biological family was NOT doing anything about it or could not do anything about it as this wasn’t the 1st time. My point that in my experience the issuing of a driver’s license by any State of the union for anything other than a piece of indemnification every 4 years is bogus and not needed There are 1,281,900 of them in this country as we type. Now, if you want to put your experiences on LJ Scott, you go right ahead, I will continue to put my experiences on LJ. But to me the failure is by the Football Program letting this get to this point

October 20th, 20171:32 pmat

LJ needs to have Uber on speed dial.

October 19th, 20175:53 pmat

obviously a menace with a good lawyer…lock him up before he kills someone.
    7 priors is an abomination.

October 19th, 20176:09 pmat

Yea, well, NO!

October 19th, 20177:44 pmat

Speaking of people who could have mitigated the situation but looked the other way…

Ask McKayla Maroney about our associate from MSU. Her comments are [here].

Please read the section “Scariest Night of My Life.”

• NorthForkRancher writes:
      October 19th, 20179:30 pmat

Kindle ??

October 20th, 20172:26 amat

Yeah, in addition to Ms. Maroney’s experience, the entire USGA and Nassar dynamics is disturbing. The USGA’s negligence and the MSU football program’s in-actiion with LJ are slightly different things to me.

This is all on LJ. Scott. Is it known if the Ohio police, MSU Campus Police, LJ or his family reported these driving infractions to MSU’s coaching staff? LJ determines who is involved or aware if these infractions. Isn’t he? As a repeat offender, the kid thinks he’s above the law. For me, questions arise concerning who’s posting bail, paying the lawyer and if his MSU teammates know anything about it? If some of his teammates know, then there’s a divide I am concerned about… two infractions is ridiculous. The courts in both states should have sat is arse in jail with a bigger bond after each infraction!

I can see this going under the radar. It’s not brandishing a pistol at other vehicles. SMH.

October 20th, 20178:28 amat

My thoughts lean more aligned to yours.

October 19th, 201710:08 pmat

I am guessing from the article and other sources that the reinstatement rules for LJ Scott to legally drive again on his Ohio license (if he ever had one) have probably exceeded the rule of diminishing returns. Even though it appears he has paid the appropriate fines for the offenses committed…the offenses have multiplied in more than his home state without ever having his license reinstated, thus compounding the problem.

AND, as Jeff says, LJ does not seem to have respect for the rule of law.
    AND, it is hard for me to believe that Dantonio’s staff has done anything but reinforce LJ’s need to stay clear of such crap.

In Michigan, once a license is suspended, (and it may have nothing to do with alcohol or drugs) there are hoops that must be jumped through, aside from fines paid, such as classes attended and extended times without an infraction. I have been retired for some time now, but I assume Ohio still has similar, reciprocal laws.
    The time and class requirements of such a flagrant offender must now have sunk into the stratosphere of DMV hell.

ONE PERSPECTIVE:
    As an old sergeant once told me when I was a young trooper and was showing a certain empathy for a suspect,….”Kid, you never catch somebody committing their first offense.”

October 19th, 201710:19 pmat

ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE:
      Still, a certain empathy is deserving of all encountered and I learned that too.

In the underprivileged regions it becomes difficult for youth to learn proper driving skills and attain their first license. Every incident, no matter how small, just adds bricks to the wall that must be thus ascended.

I will admit I have not walked in those shoes.

October 20th, 20178:33 amat

walking in his shoes appears the best guidance. I’m just not going speculate what the athletic department and the football staff knew or knows on this topic. What is not apparent is what the original suspension was for. I have observed Mark Dantonio handle these issues with the right approach in the past. I think he will here too.

October 20th, 20172:32 amat

Kindle. how would the MSU athletic dept. become aware of this if LJ Scott doesn’t tell them? Would the police notification violation personal privacy laws?

October 20th, 20179:46 amat

CBS sports doesn’t past judgement but has entered LJ and MSU escalated it in the court of public opinion.