Spartan Athletic Department thumps the Gulos yet again!
July 29th, 2013 by GoSt8Go

Spartan team poses with Championship Trophy

How clutch was this from Hollis! This was putt he had to have on 18 to send it to Sudden Death. Branden later conceded.

Joe’s article here.

Each individual match result is listed here on Twitter.

Match Results
Frank Beckmann beat Matt Steigenga on the 20th hole to end the outing. MSU wins 6.5-2.5.
Ryan Brehm and Matt Thompson decide to halve the match
Caroline Powers wins her match 2&1
Michigan State clinches the match as Stacy Slobodnik-Stoll defeats Jan Dowling 3&2.
Trey Rogers wins 3&1 over Thad Polk
Laura Kueny defeats Ashley Bauer 6&5.
Casey Lubahn defeats Chris Whitten 6&5
Justin Hicks wins his match 4&3
Mark Hollis wins the first point of the outing with a par on the 19th hole – sudden death

Go Green!

July 29th, 201311:02 pmat

A great day was had at the senior Bertrand’s on Hess Lake in Grant MI today by the local TUS members and the Minnesota contingent. A tremendous thank you to Ted’s Dad and his wife for hosting us. We were tempted to leave the pontoon boat a couple times to remove some maize and blue eyesores but resisted the urge. Fortunately they were exceedingly outnumbered by the beautiful green and white decorations around the lake. I hope everyone had an uneventful trip home as I did.

July 29th, 201311:06 pmat

I didn’t comment on the main topic of this blog entry first but it is always good to hear of the grinding underfoot of despicable vermin although that is an expected result. If not for the rush of pleasure this could be filed in the what else is new file.

• USMC(Ret.) writes:
    July 30th, 20136:56 amat

it certainly was a fun day! Nice to meet Kindle’s better half (she really is, folks), and Maker of ’81’s bride DID put on a magnificent spread. I don’t know what you call it, but golf balls on strings being tossed at some pvc tubing, is a fun game – especially when the official scorer/rules keeper pointed out that the Marines had landed. I must concur with GoB on the pontoon ride, once we escaped the wrath of the bow hunting carp fisherman and the swans, it was a very nice ride. I’m sure there will be pictures of the culprits all over the Net.

• Mrsspartan81 writes:
      July 30th, 20137:40 amat

This is Lisa for Ted. Thank you to all who came over yesterday. We enjoyed the day and glad everyone else did too.

• USMC(Ret.) writes:
    July 30th, 20137:00 amat

Again like Gob, I should comment on the “rivalry” MLive has an article up about hatred v respect. Most concur with some guy named F-4S Driver that the respect exists between the players, coaches and, in the main, alumni. the hatred erupts from walmarter’s and is really directed at the other fans, not the athletic teams, so much.

In an answer from Coach Fife to Joe about recruiting:

“Coach Izzo has been doing this a long time and he has a really good understanding of the type of kids he wants in his program. I think we give our guys a lot to say about kids we recruit when they visit, so they also help us pick the right players.”

July 30th, 20139:22 amat

Glad that hear that a good time was had in MI.

• USMC(Ret.) writes:
      July 30th, 201310:08 amat

We have to wait to hear from NFR to get the official stats

July 30th, 201310:17 amat

How did you like Hollis’ putt? Ice! and I cannot imagine Brandon was too happy after leading the whole match, then choking on 19th hole. Priceless.

July 30th, 20134:16 pmat

tis always easiest to play with the lead until you get to 18, then the pressure can be cumulative. I have need to do something on 18 more than once and failed in the assigned task, I have also accomplished said task to demoralize my opponent. The latter is very fulfilling, the former must be shrugged off.

July 30th, 20139:56 pmat

glad it was Hollis doing the damage this day.

• Dersh (@MSUDersh) writes:
    July 30th, 20137:19 pmat

I love it that Hollis owns Brandon in this event!